Monday 2 January 2012

Now For Some Proper Training

Well the first 2 weeks of the Ironman training plan didn't exactly go great due to illness and the festive season starting. And to be honest, the second two weren't exactly text book either. I reckon I did about 70% of what I was meant to do each week. I'm pointing the finger of blame squarely at the Outlaw organisers! Changing the date of the race from the end of July to the beginning, whilst I'm sure there was a very good reason, meant that the beginning of the Don Fink 30 week training plan had to be done over the silly season. Now I have some willpower but I'm sure that even Don would have a few problems following it 100%! I don't think I've done too bad though.


Now for some proper training without the distractions. And some good motivation. It's good that I've followed a few other Outlaw competitors on Twitter and I'm sure we can egg each other on keeping tabs on one anothers training. Not that we're competitive of course! I thought I'd keep a log of my training a bit more from now on too so I've ordered myself a Garmin 405 to log the miles and times so I can hopefully see improvement over time. So watch out for some Training Peaks links. Please don't laugh at them though!


So here's to the next 26 weeks of training. Oh, and a Happy New Year to everyone. 


"Swim 2.4 miles, cycle 112 miles, run 26.2 miles...brag for the rest of your life".

No comments:

Post a Comment