Sunday 18 September 2011

Itchy Feet and a Big Belly

I’m getting itchy feet. No, I haven’t got athletes foot, (some would say I’ve not even got athletes feet!) it’s just that I’ve had 2 weeks without running or cycling after my last triathlon of the season, The Vitruvian Half Ironman and I’m taking some time out to let my poor old body do a spot of recovery. That Vitruvian sure did hurt and now that I’m 40 years old it takes a little while longer to recover than it used to. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to type that number! But that’s the case and so I have to manage things differently than I did when I was in my teens competing at swimming and triathlons. But I’m itching to get back out there.

I’m taking this as a good thing though. Shows that I enjoy all of the training and competing. But how much longer I can hold out I’m not too sure. I’m writing this whilst watching the Great North Run which always makes me want to get out there and it’s a sunny day too. Maybe just one more week off though before getting back into it ready for the clubs cross country running season and a winter on the mountain bike. Will throw in a few MTB races too. No doubt a few ‘oh my god’ moments to come on the MTB when careering towards a tree way too fast!

For now though, I’ll keep my feet up and work on expanding by belly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment